I am passionate about creating meaningful opportunities to connect and appreciate the outdoor world – to observe from different perspectives – up close and personal, awestruck, asking questions (why, how, when?) silently observing, reverent and respectful. I invite individuals to:
~ Take an active part in outdoor experiences to create a context for understanding the forces of nature – its power and beauty, its challenges and opportunities.
~ Learn to be good stewards of the environment by caring for and protecting plants, wildlife, landscapes, open spaces and parks.
We all have a role in creating a sustainable and healthy future for generations to come as our personal legacy.
Creating connections to the natural world are part of my daily life experiences. When we work together, you get the benefit of more than 10 years experience as a writer and workshop leader, blended with coordinating community outreach, education and interpretive programming. I bring proven, on the ground experience working with students, visitors, families and stakeholders. Our work takes us out for field studies and inside the classroom for “look, listen and touch” experiences, stories and lessons.
I work independently and/or an integral part your team. Contact me at (916) 965-5246 or by email at email@example.com.
Education and Training
- Master of Science degree, Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism Administration, California State University Sacramento, May 2013
- Certified Interpretive Guide, National Association of Interpretation
- Certified Interpretive Planner course, National Association of Interpretation
- 2013 Faculty Award of Merit, Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism Administration, California State University Sacramento
- 2012 National Storytelling Network Member Grant for “If This House Could Talk,” community story project
- 2009 LEAF Steward Program of the Sacramento Tree Foundation, Best Urban Forestry Education Program from the California Urban Forest Council
- 2006 National Association of Interpretation Region Nine, National Conference Scholarship Award
- 2003 Community Partner Award for after school science program, Association of School Administrators