Inspired by Nature: Capturing Sense of Place
Celebrate the beauty of nature and stories of place and purpose through peaceful observation, acute sensory awareness, creative expression and discussion. Participants are invited to write and/or draw their experiences during breaks in guided walks, readings and discussion. Features 4-6 weekly, 2-hour field study sessions to build skills and knowledge. Or engage in a single 90-minute online Introductory Session. Discussion prompts include:
- What do you see, hear, smell, feel, or touch?
- How does your sensory awareness influence your experience of place?
- What are the unique features of this place?
- How has a place’s history shaped its landscape?
- Who are the people and the wildlife that visit and/or live in this place? Now and in the past?
Contact Janice at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
“I’ve been going to the river weekly and sometimes twice a week. I find being at the water to be uplifting …Your introduction to observing and drawing what you see is interesting and opened my awareness to more. I’m glad to have met you and taken your mini-seminar.”
Nanci Kuzins, Fall 2020.