We practice creative self-expression to capture the diverse stories of our lives and our communities. Download summary here. Workshop topics feature:
- Life Writing – 5 weeks, 2 hours each
- Gift from the Sea, (based on book by Anne Morrow Lindbergh)- 1 day
- Value of Letters & Creating a Legacy Letter – 4 weeks, 2 hours each
Write for FUN using memory prompts, photos, meaningful objects and many other brainstorming strategies and activities to engage imagination, creativity and curiosity. Beginners Welcome. Fiction or Nonfiction. Life stories, travel adventures, poems and more. Not intended as a critique group.
- 4 weeks, 2 hours each and may continue as weekly or biweekly writing group
Walks, talks & writing celebrate the beauty of nature through peaceful observation, creative expression and place-based study. Each weekly session builds on skills and knowledge acquired in previous weeks. Custom guided nature walks, talks and training programs by request. Download summary here. Class topics feature:
- Nature Journaling & Observation, 6 weeks, 2 hours each
- Grounded in Place, Full day (based on Gift From the Sea)
A seasonally themed program where kids discover the outdoor world – on their school campus, at home or in their neighborhood. We create field journals, explore, observe, measure, draw, write, play games and tell “Stories in the Wild.” Nature Detectives At Home is a 20-page PDF booklet for children and parents to enjoy a variety of fun activities at home – nature journals, scavenger hunts, Naturalist Skills, Walking the Alphabet Trail, stories, and much more. Includes an identification card and Certificate of Completion. Link here for details. Visit Nature Detectives website for complete program information, blogs and resources.