“When others see a place, I listen for its stories. When others see plants and trees, I watch life in motion. I invite others to be curious and ask questions as the doorway to creating meaningful connections and a better understanding of our relationship to the outdoor world.”
Janice collaborates with your team for writing, community education and interpretive projects. She works either as a partner and “go to” resource, or independently in the background. Janice helps define and share the stories and experiences intended for stakeholders, viewers, visitors, volunteers, parents and other key audiences. She brings the unique ability to capture a sense of place through presentations & workshops, narratives & images, that create memorable experiences and inspire individuals to build meaningful connections between people, places and wildlife.
Janice consistently exceeds expectations from concept through design, delivery and evaluation, including: research, interviews, writing, program management, community outreach, print and online media, and event logistics. Her passion for the outdoor world and sharing the stories of people, places and wildlife, combined with a creative and engaging style, stimulates the imagination and curiosity across the life span.
In Spring of 2020, she joined Greenschoolyards taking an active role in 2 of 12 working groups to establish guidelines and resources for the National COVID-19 Outdoor Learning Initiative. This initiative supports outdoor learning during the Pandemic and beyond.
Education & Training
- Master of Science degree – Recreation, Parks and Tourism Administration, California State University Sacramento, 2013. Received Faculty Award of Merit.
- Certification in Interpretive Writing, Heritage Interpretation Training Center, 2022
- Certified Interpretive Guide, National Association of Interpretation (NAI)
- Certified Interpretive Planner training program completed, NAI
- Completed LEP Facilitator Workshop, (Aldo Leopold Education Project) Aldo Leopold Foundation
- National Association of Interpretation
- American Association of Environmental Educators
- National Storytelling Network